This week we went all hippy and got our tie dye on! We chose a deep purple dye, but feel free to choose whichever colour you like!
You will need:
- Something to dye – We dyed a white cotton dress, a pair of white leggings (!) and a lace table cloth from a charity shop. Head to toe tie dye might be a little too much for some, but we loved our dress! The table cloth also made a great picnic blanket for our boho bride.
- Dye – we used Dylon
- Salt (dependent on your dye)
- A washing up bowl or similar you can use for soaking
- Elastic bands – you will need *lots* of these!
1. Pick your fabric.
2. Fold your fabric in a concertina style.
3&4 Use your rubber bands to seperate sections of the fabric. Make sure these are really tight as they are what will stop the dye reaching the fabric.
5. Mix up your dye according to the instructions. Ours need hot water and some added salt. You might need gloves here, it can get messy!
6. Leave to soak. Once the time is up, remove your garments and remove any excess water.
Our table cloth was made using the dye on the second time around! It is a paler colour, but we still love it!
7. Remove your bands to reveal your pattern and spin dry or hang out on the line.
Your hippy chick look is now complete!
A & L xx